Now hiring: Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
Piggott Community Hospital has an immediate opening for the following:
JOB TITLE: Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: A Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (LPTA) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence (Missouri required, preferably also licensed in Arkansas). This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Physical Therapist (PT).
This is a position that will require travel. Paid mileage. Excellent benefits package.
- Graduate from a two-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Currently licensed, registered or certified in the state(s) in which practicing. 3. Two (2) years’ experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures. 2. Provides physician prescribed physical therapy under a plan of care established by the PT. 3. Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the patient.
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within the patient’s capabilities. 5. Participates with all other health care personnel in patient care planning. 6. Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician and according to the plan of care established by the PT.
- Consults with PT regarding change in treatment.
- Instructs patients and family members in home programs and activities of daily living. 9. Participates in inservice programs and presents inservice programs as assigned. 10. Participates in QAPI activities as assigned.
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Prepares medical records, progress notes and updates care plans for each patient visit in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Performs services planned, delegated and supervised by the PT.
- Assists in preparing clinical and progress notes.
- Participates in educating the patient and family.
- Performs maintenance therapy services under a maintenance program established by a qualified therapist, when acting within the therapy scope of practice defined by applicable state licensure laws.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
For more information, contact Shelly Samples at 870-598-3881 ext 1421.
Piggott Community Hospital offers competitive wages and full benefits package.
Apply online here!